Flood Outlook in Effect for Mississauga
Just what we need—more rain!
The City of Mississauga recently announced that a flood outlook has been issued for the city. According to the city, both Credit Valley Conservation and Toronto and Region Conservation Authorities are advising that pop-up thunderstorms may occur this afternoon, bringing up to 50 mm of rain.
Sadly, similar weather is anticipated over the next few days.
With the additional rain in the forecast and the fact the ground is already saturated, there is the potential for flooding of roads and trails.
For that reason, residents are asked to stay away from streams, rivers and waterways as they can become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1.
Please be careful around all waterways and keep children and pets away from all watercourses.
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga