Flood Outlook in Effect for Mississauga
Just what we need—more rain!
The City of Mississauga recently announced that a flood outlook has been issued for the city. According to the city, both Credit Valley Conservation and Toronto and Region Conservation Authorities are advising that pop-up thunderstorms may occur this afternoon, bringing up to 50 mm of rain.
Sadly, similar weather is anticipated over the next few days.
With the additional rain in the forecast and the fact the ground is already saturated, there is the potential for flooding of roads and trails.
For that reason, residents are asked to stay away from streams, rivers and waterways as they can become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1.
Please be careful around all waterways and keep children and pets away from all watercourses.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19