Flood Outlook in Effect for Mississauga
Just what we need—more rain!
The City of Mississauga recently announced that a flood outlook has been issued for the city. According to the city, both Credit Valley Conservation and Toronto and Region Conservation Authorities are advising that pop-up thunderstorms may occur this afternoon, bringing up to 50 mm of rain.
Sadly, similar weather is anticipated over the next few days.
With the additional rain in the forecast and the fact the ground is already saturated, there is the potential for flooding of roads and trails.
For that reason, residents are asked to stay away from streams, rivers and waterways as they can become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1.
Please be careful around all waterways and keep children and pets away from all watercourses.
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- Pasta, cheese, zucchini, and rechargeable batteries recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario