Flights Out of Pearson Airport Could Be Affected By Snow
Even though today is the first day back to school for many students and adults back to work, there are still people flying out to various destinations, be it for vacation or business purposes.
But you should be vigilant that there may be some delays pending, especially if you have decided to fly down to the United States.
Pearson Airport is warning passengers to arrive three hours earlier before your flight to the States, all the while reassuring the public that operations are currently normal.
If you're travelling to the United States, we recommend that you arrive 3 hours before departure, including for early morning flights.— Toronto Pearson (@TorontoPearson) January 7, 2019
“Flying with us this afternoon or evening? Operations are normal, but there is a possibility of snow in the forecast. If you’re travelling to the United States, we recommend that you arrive 3 hours before departure, including for early morning flights,” the tweet said.
There is currently a freezing rain warning for the GTA this evening. A weak band of light snow at times mixed with ice pellets that affected the area from midday into the afternoon is expected.
Another reason that may affect US flights is the Trump government shutdown that’s been in effect since before Christmas. TSA workers in the states have to work without pay, but some employees have been ‘calling in sick’ which has led to delays such as this at LaGuardia Airport in New York.
TSA “sickout” at LGA is a travelers’ nightmare! pic.twitter.com/i6SAvuPcGm— Andrea Mitchell (@mitchellreports) January 6, 2019
Check your flights on the GTAA website to make sure it’s still on time.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Mississauga Soon
- Is Traveling to the States About to Get More Stressful?
- Winter Weather Wreaks Havoc on Travellers Flying In and Out of Pearson in Mississauga
- Here’s How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pearson Airport Baggage Handlers and Ground Crew on Strike
- Snow Warning for Mississauga This Evening