Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week: March 8
TORONTO -- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week:
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. will release its preliminary housing start data for February on Monday. The reading on new home construction in Canada comes ahead of the start of the spring real estate season.
Mark Machin, chief executive of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, participates in a fireside chat with Nutrien chief executive Chuck Magro at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce on Monday. CPPIB recently participated in Waymo's first external investment round.
Canadian National Railway Co. executives will present at the J.P. Morgan Industrials Conference in New York on Wednesday. The railway has been dealing with blockades in support of Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs in northern British Columbia who oppose a natural gas pipeline crossing their traditional territory.
Transat AT annual meeting and results
Travel company Transat AT will release its first-quarter results and hold its annual general meeting. The company is in the process of being acquired by Air Canada, but the deal is still waiting for regulatory approval.
Household debt update
Statistics Canada will release its national balance sheet and financial flow accounts report on Friday. The report includes the much-watched household-debt-to-disposable-income ratio which has been sitting at or near a record level in recent years.
The Canadian Press
- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week: February 9
- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week: Feb 23
- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week
- Five things to watch for in the Canadian business world in the coming week: March 1
- Statistics Canada says key household debt ratio rose in the first quarter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- Potential COVID-19 exposure identified on flight from Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store