Five things to do this summer at Port Credit in Mississauga
Published August 5, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Port Credit in Mississauga has no shortage of exciting attractions, shops and restaurants all year round, and summer is definitely no exception, with a variety of summer events and newly opened businesses that are well worth checking out.
Looking for something fun to do in the urban village on Mississauga’s waterfront? Here are five things to check out this summer:
Calling all car lovers — Classic Cars Thursdays are back for their second year! Every Thursday in August, Port Credit will take on an oldschool California vibe as classic and vintage cars line the north and south sides of Lakeshore Rd East between Hurontario and Seneca. Enjoy musicians and live entertainment as you stroll down Lakeshore, as well as shops and restaurants in the area which will stay open late. The Classic Cars event brings its vibrant energy to Port Credit on August 5, 12, 19, and 26 from 5 to 9 p.m.
If you’re trying to snap some cute pics for the ‘gram, then you’ve gotta check out the Giant Muskoka Chair, located across from Port Credit’s iconic lighthouse on Marina Park (corner of Lakeshore Rd West and Front St. North). But that’s not the only one — you’ll find an array of colourful Muskoka chairs all throughout the village, including two sandal-themed chairs located next to the I Heart PC sign in Port Street Market. The chairs were created in partnership with STEPS Public Art’s heART Main Street Challenge. All eight chairs have been hand-painted by local GTA artists (Steven Twigg, Katrina Canedo, Jay Wall from Rally Rally) and the Giant Muskoka Chair was hand-painted by Stephanie Boutari.
Port Credit Farmers Market
The Port Credit Farmers Market is back for its 11th year, and as usual will offer a wide variety of fresh, tasty items: Fresh produce, freshly-baked bread, cheese, meat, baked goods, dips, hot back bacon sandwiches, and award-winning craft beer from Port Credit’s very own Old Credit Brewing. Plus, new artisans are featured every week! The market is located at 200 Lakeshore Rd East behind the Port Credit LCBO and runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday (be sure to stop by early, as peak market time is between 10 a.m. and noon).
Outdoor Activities and Watersports
The Credit River is home to a variety of fun outdoor activities no matter what the season, and naturally they’re a perfect fit for summer. Water activities include jet skiing, kayaking, canoeing and paddleboarding. You can also take advantage of Port Credit’s lovely outdoor trails with a run, hike or bike ride. All water and land equipment can be rented from Port Credit Adventure Rentals.
New Shops and Restaurants
There’s something for everyone at Port Credit, with lots of unique retail shops, restaurants, patios and cafés. If you haven’t already, shop and support local by checking out out some of these newer businesses:
- Bar Catalina: The only Spanish restaurant in Port Credit that features the delicious and authentic Spanish rice dish known as paella. It’s run by celebrity chef Humberto Sanchez, who has starred on several Food Network TV series such as Chopped Canada and Fire Masters.
- Blondies Pizza: One of the best pizza joints in the city, offering fermented dough made from scratch, painted with original RED (tomato) or BLONDE (alfredo) sauce and covered with full-fat mozzarella.
- Wrapoutine: From wraps to poutine to burgers, Wrapoutine aims to create a new kind of fast food experience with fresh and flavourful ingredients.
- La Diperie: A wide range of Instagram-worthy desserts including soft serve ice cream with a range of toppings (think Oreo, maple fudge, Skor bits, Belgian chocolate dip, sprinkles, coconut, almond and more), hard ice cream, donuts, Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes, Cheesecake Factory cupcakes, ice cream cakes, layered cakes, cookies, crepes and more.
- Inner Beach: Inspired by the beauty and calmness of the beach, this shop offers a selection of fashionable clothing, accessories, home goods and of course, beach gear, all with uniquely warm designs.
- Chou Chou Cheri: Described as a “dreamy boudoir inspired lingerie store for all”, Chou Chou Cheri specializes in lingerie and clothing for a wider range of body types and sizes.
Insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies