Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 postal codes with high COVID-19 positivity
COVID-19 percent positivity rates (the percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in an area) are declining across most of the province, although some areas of Mississauga and Brampton are still reporting relatively high rates.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of June 6 to 12.
Of the top 50 listed, five are in Mississauga and Brampton:
L4T at 7.99% (area of Goreway and Morning Star in Mississauga)
18th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L6X at 7.54% (area of Williams Pkwy and James Potter Rd in Brampton)
22nd highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L5L at 5.65% (area of Erin Mills and The Collegeway in Mississauga)
45th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L6Z at 5.60% (area of Kennedy and Sandalwood Pkwy E in Brampton)
46th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L5W at 5.59% (area of Derry and Mavis in Mississauga)
47th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) currently has the third worst COVID-19 percent positivity in the province.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of June 6 was 2.4%, a drop from 3.1% the previous week.
Ontario has reached 71% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 3% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Seven Brampton postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Brampton postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Flood outlook currently in effect for Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising