Five COVID-19 outbreaks declared at a hospital in Mississauga
Five departments at a hospital in Mississauga are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.
According to Trillium Health Partners (THP), five outbreaks have been declared in five separate departments at the organization’s Credit Valley Hospital (2200 Eglinton Ave. W.).
THP's website says that one patient and two staff members on Unit 2B Medicine have tested positive for COVID-19. The patient case is suspected to be hospital-acquired and the two staff cases are of unknown acquisition. An outbreak has been declared and the unit is closed to admissions.
THP says that four patients at the hospital's outpatient Hemodialysis Unit have tested positive for COVID-19. These cases are suspected to have been acquired in the hospital itself.
Although an outbreak has been declared, the unit will remain open for hemodialysis services.
"Additional precautions are being put in place for the safety of patients and staff, including COVID-19 testing," THP's website says.
According to the site, one patient and two staff members on Unit 1B have tested positive. These cases are also suspected to have been hospital-acquired. The unit will be closed to admissions.
Two staff members on 1C Medicine (COVID unit) have tested positive for COVID-19 and it is believed that they acquired the infections in the hospital. The unit will remain open to admissions with additional precautions.
THP also says that two patients on 1D Rehab have tested positive for COVID-19 and that it is believed they got sick in the hospital. The unit is closed to admissions.
To learn more, click here.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga Hospital’s emergency department
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario