First Snowfall of the Season Might Hit Mississauga Tonight
Looks like winter’s coming early this year!
According to a statement from Environment Canada, the first appreciable snow of the season is expected to hit southern Ontario Wednesday night, and could potentially be mixed with rain in some areas.
The accumulation of snow is predicted to be in the 2 to 5 centimetre range, and snowfall is expected to last until Thursday afternoon.
While this is good news for those of us who love snow, EC is also warning of the potential negative impacts, including slushy accumulations on some roads. There is also the risk of power outages due to winds possibly causing snow-covered tree limbs to fall onto power lines.
- Man Seriously Injured in Industrial Accident in Mississauga
- One-Bedroom Rentals Getting Even More Expensive in Mississauga
- Toronto Kabob Restaurant Opens New Location in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Fight Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Provincial Government Plans to Move Ahead With Controversial Cuts in 2020