First New Year’s baby arrives in 2021 in Mississauga
The first baby of 2021 has arrived in Mississauga!
The birthing suite at Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Hospital was honoured to deliver its 2021 New Year's baby to proud parents Nota and Maneer.
A baby boy named Jacob arrived at 12:19 a.m. on New Year’s Day, weighing 9.54lbs. We are happy to report that baby and mom are healthy and well.
Baby Jacob with parents Nota Flokiotis (mother) and Moneer Sahar (father)
"We are feeling excited and blessed." said mother Nota Flokiotis "We weren't expecting to have the first baby of the New Year. We didn't even know the gender, so it has been one wonderful surprise after another. We are grateful and excited to start a new chapter."
"I'm hoping that the New Year and the vaccine bring an end to the pandemic, so we can move back to our normal life and maybe the blessing of this little boy can change things for the better for everybody in this world." Moneer Sahar, Father.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- From hotspot countries 26 more flights land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga