Firearm seized after pickup truck crashes into house in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing charges following a recent collision in Mississauga.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 12, emergency services responded to a pickup truck that had crashed into a home in the area of Winston Churchill Boulevard and Bromsgrove Road.
The truck then fled the scene, according to police.
“Responding officers located the vehicle a short distance away and during the course of the investigation, a Beretta handgun and ammunition was located inside of the truck,” said police.
No injuries were reported in relation to the crash.
The driver of the vehicle, Rakeshwar Kisun from Mississauga, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Knowledge of an Unauthorized Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Probation Order
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was an Unauthorized Firearm
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Prohibited (9 counts)
Kisun was held for a bail hearing and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, September 13.
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
- Peel police seize loaded firearm during recent arrest
- Man Charged After Gun Allegedly Seized from Vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases