Firearm seized after pickup truck crashes into house in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing charges following a recent collision in Mississauga.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 12, emergency services responded to a pickup truck that had crashed into a home in the area of Winston Churchill Boulevard and Bromsgrove Road.
The truck then fled the scene, according to police.
“Responding officers located the vehicle a short distance away and during the course of the investigation, a Beretta handgun and ammunition was located inside of the truck,” said police.
No injuries were reported in relation to the crash.
The driver of the vehicle, Rakeshwar Kisun from Mississauga, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Loaded Firearm
- Knowledge of an Unauthorized Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Probation Order
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was an Unauthorized Firearm
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Prohibited (9 counts)
Kisun was held for a bail hearing and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, September 13.
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
- Mississauga man and Brampton man facing firearm charges following assault in Brampton
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Car Crash Leads to Gun-Related Charges in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- From hotspot countries 26 more flights land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga