Firearm Seized After Fight Breaks Out in Mississauga
Firearm-related charges have been pressed following a recent incident in Mississauga.
Around 1:20 a.m. on Wednesday, August 28, officers responded to a fight in the area of Lakeshore Road East and Stavebank Road.
Police allege one man involved in the fight revealed he had a firearm in his waistband.
“The fight was broken up. Officers located the man and as a result, a loaded firearm was recovered,” police reported.
21 year old Mississauga man Justin Kumah is charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a loaded firearm, possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, possession of a firearm contrary to order, and breach of probation order.
Kumah was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court later that day.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession