Firearm Discovered During Impaired Driving Investigation in Mississauga
A Brampton man is facing numerous charges after allegedly driving impaired with a loaded gun in his vehicle.
The OPP recently announced that officers dealt with two incidents last weekend in which loaded firearms were discovered following calls regarding impaired driving.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the first incident occurred on Monday morning around 3:00 a.m. on the QEW in the Mississauga area.
Schmidt said officers were called to investigate a potentially impaired driver and discovered the vehicle parked on the side of the road. According to police, the engine was running and the car was in drive, but the accused was asleep behind the wheel.
"His foot was on the brake, fortunately and amazingly," said Schmidt.
Further investigation led to the discovery of a loaded gun, drugs and cash.
Now, K'halil Ian Dwayne Ottley is facing a number of charges, including impaired driving, failing to comply with recognizance and firearm and drug-related charges.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
- Some More Bad News About Young People and Home Ownership in Mississauga
- Power Outage Impacting Close to 600 Homes and Businesses in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested For Driving Malfunctioning Vehicle While Impaired
- Police Investigating After Gun Recovered Following Collision in Mississauga
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Mississauga
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE