Fire Rips Through On-Z-Rocks in Mississauga
In some sad news, one of the Top 5 shawarma places in Mississauga went up in flames yesterday. A nasty fire that started around 5 pm gutted popular Streetsville restaurant On-Z-Rocks.
The massive two-alarm blaze sent 60 firefighters to 180 Queen Street South. Luckily no one was harmed. Reports say that the owner of the restaurant went around to other tenants to let them know about the situation.
Reports say that the fire is suspected to have stemmed from an electrical problem. The damage is expected to exceed $500,000.
It's too early to know if and when On-Z-Rocks will re-open, but we will keep you posted.
We're just glad no one was hurt.
On-Z-Rocks is Streetsville's 5th shawarma spot and just opened in March of 2015. Located off of the main strip along Queen St. at the corner of Queen St. and Tannery St. in the old Piazza Pizza spot. Local entrepreneur Jason El-Attar believes that Mississauga is a great city to start a business in. El-Attar marinates his shawarma for a few days, then slowly roasts it on the spit for hours -- just the way it's made "back home." The meat is cut to order and he's excited to show locals what he believes is the best shawarma in Mississauga. The menu consists of Shawarma, Souvlaki and Shish Tawook, house made sauces including garlic sauce, tahini sauce and hot sauce and three kinds of rice including basmati, lentil rice with fried onions and a regular rice blend with vegetables.
- New Openings: On-Z-Rocks Mediterranean Grill
- Popular Restaurant Gutted by Fire Finally Reopens in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga - 2015
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19