Fire Rips Through On-Z-Rocks in Mississauga
In some sad news, one of the Top 5 shawarma places in Mississauga went up in flames yesterday. A nasty fire that started around 5 pm gutted popular Streetsville restaurant On-Z-Rocks.
The massive two-alarm blaze sent 60 firefighters to 180 Queen Street South. Luckily no one was harmed. Reports say that the owner of the restaurant went around to other tenants to let them know about the situation.
Reports say that the fire is suspected to have stemmed from an electrical problem. The damage is expected to exceed $500,000.
It's too early to know if and when On-Z-Rocks will re-open, but we will keep you posted.
We're just glad no one was hurt.
On-Z-Rocks is Streetsville's 5th shawarma spot and just opened in March of 2015. Located off of the main strip along Queen St. at the corner of Queen St. and Tannery St. in the old Piazza Pizza spot. Local entrepreneur Jason El-Attar believes that Mississauga is a great city to start a business in. El-Attar marinates his shawarma for a few days, then slowly roasts it on the spit for hours -- just the way it's made "back home." The meat is cut to order and he's excited to show locals what he believes is the best shawarma in Mississauga. The menu consists of Shawarma, Souvlaki and Shish Tawook, house made sauces including garlic sauce, tahini sauce and hot sauce and three kinds of rice including basmati, lentil rice with fried onions and a regular rice blend with vegetables.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry