Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
Earlier today, a fire that started in a truck spread to a nearby building in Mississauga.
Shortly after 12:30 p.m., Peel police reported that a truck fire had broken out in the Northwest Drive and Caravelle Drive area in the city.
Soon afterwards, they reported that the fire had spread to part of the building and although there were no known injuries, they asked residents to please avoid the area.
Now, it appears that the fire has been extinguished.
That said, it might be best to avoid the area for the time being.
Photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand
The #Fire has been put out. No injuries reported.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) October 31, 2016
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Ontario elementary teachers plan new strikes in two weeks if no deal is reached
- Hurricanes to bring emergency backup goalie Ayres to Raleigh for game
- Former Mississauga mayor criticizes federal government over response to blockades
- Police searching for suspects who fled after male shot in Mississauga