Fire at Hotel in Mississauga Prompts Investigation
Guests were evacuated after a fire broke out at a hotel on Saturday morning.
We reported on Saturday, July 22, that emergency crews were on scene at a blaze at Kennedy and Courtneypark.
Police say the call came in at 7:32 a.m.
The Super 8 near the intersection was evacuated, and one person had minor injuries, possibly due to smoke inhalation.
There was significant damage to one room in the building, but no one else was injured.
Though one male was initially arrested, he was released as of Sunday, July 23, according to police.
“The fire was deemed accidental,” said Const. Murphy.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Emergency Crews on Scene at Apartment Fire in Mississauga
- Fire Crews on Scene for Residential Fire in Mississauga
- Residents being evacuated after fire breaks out at apartment building in Mississauga
- Massive Fire at Mississauga Battery-Recycling Plant Not Deemed Suspicious
- Mississauga Building Evacuated Due to Possible Fire
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May