Fire at Hotel in Mississauga Prompts Investigation
Guests were evacuated after a fire broke out at a hotel on Saturday morning.
We reported on Saturday, July 22, that emergency crews were on scene at a blaze at Kennedy and Courtneypark.
Police say the call came in at 7:32 a.m.
The Super 8 near the intersection was evacuated, and one person had minor injuries, possibly due to smoke inhalation.
There was significant damage to one room in the building, but no one else was injured.
Though one male was initially arrested, he was released as of Sunday, July 23, according to police.
“The fire was deemed accidental,” said Const. Murphy.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple