Fire at Hotel in Mississauga Prompts Investigation
Guests were evacuated after a fire broke out at a hotel on Saturday morning.
We reported on Saturday, July 22, that emergency crews were on scene at a blaze at Kennedy and Courtneypark.
Police say the call came in at 7:32 a.m.
The Super 8 near the intersection was evacuated, and one person had minor injuries, possibly due to smoke inhalation.
There was significant damage to one room in the building, but no one else was injured.
Though one male was initially arrested, he was released as of Sunday, July 23, according to police.
“The fire was deemed accidental,” said Const. Murphy.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- What Streetsville Looked Like Back in the Day
- Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Port Credit Busker Fest Kicks Off Today in Mississauga