Fire at Hotel in Mississauga Prompts Investigation
Guests were evacuated after a fire broke out at a hotel on Saturday morning.
We reported on Saturday, July 22, that emergency crews were on scene at a blaze at Kennedy and Courtneypark.
Police say the call came in at 7:32 a.m.
The Super 8 near the intersection was evacuated, and one person had minor injuries, possibly due to smoke inhalation.
There was significant damage to one room in the building, but no one else was injured.
Though one male was initially arrested, he was released as of Sunday, July 23, according to police.
“The fire was deemed accidental,” said Const. Murphy.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Teen Dead After Stabbing at House Party in Mississauga
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- Everything We Know So Far About the Restaurant Explosion in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspects of Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga