Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
Mississauga is quickly becoming a huge part of Hollywood North.
William F. White International Inc. (White's Studio) recently announced that it will be opening a third studio location in Mississauga - Century Studio. The city is already home to the company's Edwards Blvd. and Cantay Studios
The new location will be its ninth property in Canada.
"There's no denying it's been a difficult year, not only within the film industry, but all over the world," Garin Josey, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, said in a statement.
"We've been hard at work behind the scenes ramping up our core operations while significantly expanding others. It's the perfect time to share our latest Toronto studio property with an industry eager to get back to work."
White's says the new studio features 81,500 square feet split between shooting space. The studio also boasts offices, costume and wardrobe space, and an extra support area.
Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie said the city is happy to be home to the company's third studio.
"Thrilled that White’s Studios is expanding by opening a third location in Mississauga," Crombie wrote on Twitter.
"This new studio will help White's ramp up production and allow our film and television industry to rebound after [COVID-19]. We’re quickly becoming Studio City North!"
- Film and television studio opening new location in Mississauga
- CBS Opens Massive New TV and Film Studio in Mississauga
- A Massive New TV Studio is Opening in Mississauga
- Mississauga yoga studio says it won’t be reopening its brick and mortar studio after COVID-19 restrictions lift
- A Prominent Canadian Film and TV Company Is Opening In Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga