FedEx Closing All Retail Stores in Canada
Massive shipping company FedEx recently announced that it plans to shutter all of its retail stores across Canada, a move that will lead to the loss of 214 jobs.
FedEx currently operates two Mississauga retail stores (one at Hurontario and Eglinton and another at Mississauga Road and Derry Road).
"The decision to discontinue FedEx Office operations in Canada was difficult as we've enjoyed a 32-year relationship with our team members and customers in Canada," FedEx Office confirmed in an email statement to insauga.com. "We reached the decision to exit the Canadian market after thoughtful evaluations of our business operations and considerations about our future."
To be clear, FedEx will continue to ship to and within the country. However, all 24 retail centres will be closed in August.
"We are very appreciative of the hard work and contributions of our team members, who took care of our customers and made it possible for FedEx Office to earn its reputation as a provider of the very best in production, printing and shipping services."
FedEx Office added that FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight "remain committed to Canada and ready to serve customers' shipping needs."
This decision only impacts FedEx Office Canada locations and services.
"Centre closures will begin in August and continue in the months thereafter based upon lease negotiations," FedEx Office says.
- Police Report Major Road Closure in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Mississauga Teen Arrested After Two Men Stabbed, Seriously Injured
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Highway Crash Blocking Lanes in Mississauga
- Popular Retailer Closing All Stores Across Canada
- Mississauga Makes Final Decision on Whether or Not to Allow Cannabis Retail Stores
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- 19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
- These Popular Stores are Set to Close in Canada This Year