9 more flights reported to have landed with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
The federal government is reporting 12 recent flights with confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga, of which nine landed.
Four of the flights were domestic, with three departing and one landing from July 6 to 12.
The remaining eight flights were international, all landing from abroad between July 8 and 10.
At least 54 rows were affected across all 12 flights.
According to the federal government, a row is considered affected if it's three rows (two rows for business class) behind or in front of a row where a seated person is confirmed to have COVID-19 during a period when they may have been infectious.
“Unknown” rows may be reported if the row number for the person confirmed to have COVID-19 can't be validated, or if a member of the crew is confirmed to have COVID-19.
Passengers who were sitting in the affected rows -- or all passengers on the flight if rows aren't specified -- are advised to self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days and contact public health if they start showing symptoms of the virus.
Fully vaccinated Canadians returning to Mississauga's Pearson Airport are no longer required to quarantine for two weeks.
All flight data is listed on the federal government's website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 2 more flights with 14 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- 4 flights with a potential 24 rows affected by COVID-19 land at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- 8 flights, 60 rows potentially affected with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- 47 rows across 8 recent flights at Pearson Airport in Mississauga were affected by COVID-19
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga