Fatal collision involving stolen truck takes down hydro wires; major Mississauga intersection closed
One man is dead after an alleged stolen tractor-trailer was involved in a collision at the intersection of Mavis Rd and Eglington Ave W.
Two other drivers involved in the collision were treated for “non-life threatening” injuries, according to Peel police.
Duty Insp. Sean Brennan said the now-deceased driver rolled the meat-loaded tractor-trailer and slammed into a metal gas station sign, causing it to collapse.
Peel Regional Police Service say the call was received at 12:16 a.m. Monday (Jan 13).
Police said to avoid the area as hydro wires are repaired and vehicles are removed.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Tractor Trailer Collision Causing Closures at Mississauga Intersection
- Tractor trailer flips during crash in Mississauga
- Major Intersection Closed Due to Live Wires in Mississauga
- Mississauga Intersection Closed Following Two-Vehicle Collision
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga
- A new and terrifying scam can steal your phone number and clear your bank accounts in Mississauga