Fatal collision involving stolen truck takes down hydro wires; major Mississauga intersection closed
One man is dead after an alleged stolen tractor-trailer was involved in a collision at the intersection of Mavis Rd and Eglington Ave W.
Two other drivers involved in the collision were treated for “non-life threatening” injuries, according to Peel police.
Duty Insp. Sean Brennan said the now-deceased driver rolled the meat-loaded tractor-trailer and slammed into a metal gas station sign, causing it to collapse.
Peel Regional Police Service say the call was received at 12:16 a.m. Monday (Jan 13).
Police said to avoid the area as hydro wires are repaired and vehicles are removed.
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Power outage affecting over 600 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Tractor Trailer Collision Causing Closures at Mississauga Intersection
- Major Intersection Closed Due to Live Wires in Mississauga
- Mississauga Intersection Closed Following Two-Vehicle Collision
- Tractor Trailer Flipped Over in Mississauga