Famous Comedian Set to Raise Money for Mississauga Hospital
A major (and completely sold out) comedy show is bringing some distinctly British humour to Mississauga to support Trillium Health Partners Mississauga.
This weekend, acclaimed comedian James Corden will headline Laugh Out Loud: The British Invasion, the fifth annual comedy event that's set to take place at the International Centre on Saturday, Feb. 25.
Corden, who has yet to headline a show in Canada, is the host of The Late Late Show and a carpool karaoke superstar.
"To have talent of this magnitude at our LOL comedy event headlining their first show in Canada is game changing," said Steve Hoscheit, President & CEO, Trillium Health Partners Foundation. "Each year with this event we like to bring the best of the world of comedy to Mississauga to help raise funds so that our community continues to access exceptional care, close to home. James Corden is a popular comedic sensation and we know he'll feel right at home as we celebrate the best of Britain - we can't wait to see what he has in store for us."
Cordon himself is also happy to be a part of the event.
"As Mississauga gears up for a British invasion, I'm honoured to be a part of this year's Laugh Out Loud," says James Corden. "I look forward to a brilliant night in support of a great cause."
Proceeds from LOL 2017 will benefit Trillium Health Partners' My Hospital Fund and the proceeds should be many—especially considering the fact that tickets to the show cost $500 each and VIP tables cost $7,500.
The My Hospital Fund represents seven programs, including emergency medicine, surgery, diagnostic imaging, laboratory & genetics, pharmacy, neuro/MSK and medicine.
Past headliners for the prestigious show include Howie Mandel, Gerry Dee, Martin Short, the late Alan Thicke, Russell Peters and Jessica Holmes.
While the tickets might have been a little pricey for the average resident, it's good to know that a popular TV personality is raising money for a growing hospital in a growing city.
For more info, click here.
- Legendary Comedian Set to Perform For Mississauga
- Famous comedian coming to brand new comedy festival in Mississauga
- Trillium Health Partners announces visiting changes in response to COVID-19
- A new book about the life of Hazel McCallion will raise money for a Mississauga hospital
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases