Famous Canadian Experience Returns to Ontario
Canada's annual Musical Ride Tour has returned, and this year it will be in Ontario.
The Musical Ride features a troop of 32 riders and horses, plus the officer in charge. They will then put on a show featuring intricate choreography and drills set to music.
The tour gives the public a chance to experience the history and tradition of the RCMP. The event also helps to raise funds for local charities and community programs across the country.
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki went to the Musical Ride stables for the annual inspection of the RCMP’s 32 horses and riders in Ottawa on May 15.
“It was a great honour to participate in this annual tradition and I truly enjoyed meeting each musical ride member," said Lucki.
"I know they’ll represent the RCMP with pride and that both Canadians and visitors will love the show. I wish them a safe and successful tour.”
The Musical Ride visits every province on a rotational basis. This means the event visits a different province each year so Canadians across the country can see them perform.
The first ever public viewing of the Musical Ride was in Regina, Saskatchewan all the way back in 1901.
The tour will be traveling to both Ontario and British Columbia this year. In addition to that however, this year’s tour will go to Topsfield, Massachusetts, as its last stop to mark the 200th anniversary of the oldest agricultural fair in North America.
Click here more information on the schedule of the Musical Ride.
- Can You Help Police Name These Baby Horses?
- Sheridan theatre students perform opening number from musical despite self-isolating
- Some Residents Can Ride MiWay for Free Soon
- Peel police conducting vehicle stops with their Festive RIDE program
- Musical Collectibles Show & Sale Hits Mississauga This Sunday
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga