Family Day Weekend Weather Smashes Records in Mississauga
If you've been loving the above-seasonal temperatures this weekend, you might be happy (or concerned, naturally) to hear that this February weekend has been one of warmest on record.
According to The Weather Network, temperatures records were "shattered" on Saturday, Feb 18.
In some parts of Ontario, temperatures reached almost 19 degrees (Windsor and Sarnia).
In our neck of the woods, temperatures hit close to 12 degrees.
Although actual Family Day will be a little chillier (a high of four degrees), the week ahead is looking pretty balmy.
On Wednesday and Thursday, we should be back into the low double-digit temperatures before returning to more seasonal (but still above zero) temperatures later in the week.
Although this weather might have disappointed you if you were hoping to indulge in some distinctly wintery activities, a little sun is always a nice treat.
- Temperatures expected to hit 30 degrees in Mississauga and Brampton this long weekend
- Temperatures climbing to 11 degrees this weekend in Mississauga
- Thunderstorms, temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius expected this week in Mississauga and Brampton
- Temperatures to hit 30 degrees Celsius this week in Mississauga and Brampton
- Warm temperatures coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Arrest made after early morning shooting puts Hamilton school in lockdown
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke