Family Day Weekend Weather Smashes Records in Mississauga
If you've been loving the above-seasonal temperatures this weekend, you might be happy (or concerned, naturally) to hear that this February weekend has been one of warmest on record.
According to The Weather Network, temperatures records were "shattered" on Saturday, Feb 18.
In some parts of Ontario, temperatures reached almost 19 degrees (Windsor and Sarnia).
In our neck of the woods, temperatures hit close to 12 degrees.
Although actual Family Day will be a little chillier (a high of four degrees), the week ahead is looking pretty balmy.
On Wednesday and Thursday, we should be back into the low double-digit temperatures before returning to more seasonal (but still above zero) temperatures later in the week.
Although this weather might have disappointed you if you were hoping to indulge in some distinctly wintery activities, a little sun is always a nice treat.
- Temperatures climbing to 11 degrees this weekend in Mississauga
- Warm temperatures coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Mix of warmer and seasonal temperatures expected this week in Mississauga
- Cold temperatures and snow in the forecast for Mississauga this weekend
- Colder temperatures and a brief period of warmth expected this week in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga