Family Day in Mississauga: What’s open and closed
Published February 20, 2023 at 7:01 am
Family Day in 2023 falls on Monday, Feb. 20 this year, in Mississauga and across the province.
While it’s not a national statutory holiday, it is observed in Ontario.
Here’s what’s open and closed on Monday, Feb. 20, in Mississauga:
- Square One, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wal-Mart (Square One) 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Whole Food Market Square One – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Mart locations
- Most restaurants that are usually open on Mondays will be open, but call ahead to be sure
- Canada Post (mail pick-up and delivery will not be affected by the holiday)
- Federal government offices (most services can be delivered online)
- Celebration Square ice rink
5 things to do on Family Day in Mississauga
What’s open and closed in
Brampton, Halton, Hamilton, Niagara Region, and Durham Region
- Erin Mills Town Centre
(and other major malls outside the city, including Sherway Gardens, Vaughan Mills and Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
- Heartland Town Centre
- Dixie Outlet Mall
- Most major grocery stores
- Beer Store
- Libraries (closed on Sun., Feb. 19 as well)
- City Hall
- Provincial government offices
- Region of Peel offices and Region of Peel non-emergency services, including Access Peel, Early Years and Child Care Services, Healthy Sexuality Clinic, Family Health Call Centre, Dental Services Contact Centre, Needle Exchange Program – Mobile Van, Peel Living Office and Ontario Works in Peel
- MiWay will operate on a holiday schedule (check online)
- GO Transit will operate on a Saturday schedule
- Region of Peel TransHelp: all trips for Monday, Feb. 20 and Tuesday, Feb. 21 must be booked by 7 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 19
- No garbage pick-up on Mon., Feb. 20 (all waste collection will be one day later than usual)
- Community Recycling Centres will be closed Monday as well