Fall garbage exemption period suspended in Mississauga
If you have excess garbage, you might be disappointed to hear that you won't be able to put all of it outside of your home in Mississauga.
The Region of Peel recently announced that the fall garbage exemption period (originally scheduled for Sept 14-25, 2020) is suspended in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The region says it's been suspended to minimize manual collection and ensure worker safety.
According to the region, unlimited amounts of garbage will not be collected and residents can only place up to two extra bags on their garbage collection day (no garbage tags needed).
Additional bags beyond the two-bag limit will not be collected, but bulky items will continue to be collected at the curb and accepted at Peel Community Recycling Centres (CRC).
If you have to dispose of extra garbage bags, you can take it to any CRC (disposal fees may apply).
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga