Facebook Dating Officially Launches in Canada
Facebook Dating has officially launched in Canada.
Canada is the first North American country to launch this new experience.
Facebook has always been a place to meet and start conversations with people who share common interests.
As a result, Facebook Dating provides Canadians with the opportunity to spark a connection with a potential partner, according to a recent press release.
Created to give people full control over their experience, Facebook Dating is a dedicated feature within the Facebook app.
Users will be able to match with others based on their preferences and interests through a dedicated dating profile.
“More than 200 million people have listed themselves as single in their relationship status on Facebook. We view this as an incredible opportunity to continue helping people build relationships in meaningful ways on Facebook," Charmaine Hung, Technical Program Manager for Facebook Dating, said in a recent press release.
To get started all users have to do is create a profile, browse matches, and connect.
Some key features of Facebook Dating include:
- A separate profile on Facebook:
- Match with people based on things in common
- You manage who can see your Dating profile
- Choose to opt-in to Events and Groups to see other daters (who have also opted in)
- Enhanced privacy controls.
Will you be using this new service?
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Police Respond to Multiple Vehicle Collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga