Extremely Hot Weather Coming to Mississauga Soon
Pumpkin spice everything might be just around the corner, but it looks like we’ve got another run of summer left!
So don’t get too comfortable with the fall-like weather this week.
According to The Weather Network, it’s going to feel like 42 C on Tuesday August 28.
And it’ll feel like the high 30s on Monday and Wednesday.
Temperatures actually dipped to their coolest on Wednesday August 23, when the weather hit a daytime high of 21.2 C, making it the coolest day the city has seen since June 6. And Thursday remained chilly.
But the summer weather is indeed on its way back.
According to The Weather Network, temperatures are set to rise this weekend with humidex values in the 40s.
“Our taste of early fall will not last very long as temperatures will quickly recover back to seasonal for Thursday and Friday with abundant sunshine and comfortable humidity,” said Weather Network meteorologist Dr. Doug Gillham in a recent statement.
Humidex values could remain in the upper 30s to near 40 through Wednesday of next week.
There’s also some potential for active and unsettled weather to accompany the heat, with slight chances of rain.
So don’t put your shorts away just yet.
“It is too early to talk about the details of the Labour Day weekend, but at this point it looks like muggy weather will dominate the unofficial final weekend of summer,” Gillham said.
That would mean three muggy and hot long weekends this summer - think Canada Day and Civic Holiday!
“And warmer than normal temperatures are expected to persist for back to school week as well, said Gillham.
Enjoy it while it lasts!
- Extreme Weather Expected for August Long Weekend in Mississauga
- Chilly weather and potential flurries expected this week in Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Can Expect Summer Weather This Long Weekend
- Major Weather Shift in Store for Mississauga Next Week
- Weather Forecast Calls for a Warmer Fall in Mississauga
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Starbucks shuts down two Brampton locations because of COVID-19