Extremely cold weather coming to Mississauga
It looks like the pleasant winter we’ve been enjoying isn’t here to stay.
The City of Mississauga recently issued an extreme cold weather warning. According to the city, temperatures are set to drop below -22 with the wind chill this evening (Feb. 7).
Residents are asked to take care if they are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin.
During cold weather events, various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold. You can click here to find community centre locations and hours.
If you are heading out, you’re advised to dress in layers to suit the weather conditions and cover up as much exposed skin as possible, stay dry and limit your time outdoors as much as possible, reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day, drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, and call or visit vulnerable friends, neighbours and family to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties related to the weather.
Pets should not be left outside during extreme cold.
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga