Extreme Weather Warning Issued for Mississauga
You might have thought this day would never come, but come it has.
An extreme heat warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Halton Hills.
According to Environment Canada, temperatures are expected to reach an absolutely glorious 30+ degrees today and tomorrow with overnight lows near 20 degrees (perfect nighttime weather, if you ask us).
Environment Canada also says it's possible these high temperatures will persist into Tuesday, but should drop by the middle of the week.
While we're all hashtag blessed to be experiencing hot weather, extreme heat can be dangerous if you do not take proper precautions. Environment Canada is advising residents to drink plenty of water (even when you're not thirsty) and seek out cool places such as tree-shaded areas, air-conditioned buildings or swimming pools.
Residents are reminded to never leave children or pets in hot vehicles.
So be sure to put on lots of sunscreen, drink lots of water and have cool and shady escapes nearby as you make the most of the summer weather.
Stay healthy and enjoy!
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga