Extreme Weather Warning Issued for Mississauga
You might have thought this day would never come, but come it has.
An extreme heat warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Halton Hills.
According to Environment Canada, temperatures are expected to reach an absolutely glorious 30+ degrees today and tomorrow with overnight lows near 20 degrees (perfect nighttime weather, if you ask us).
Environment Canada also says it's possible these high temperatures will persist into Tuesday, but should drop by the middle of the week.
While we're all hashtag blessed to be experiencing hot weather, extreme heat can be dangerous if you do not take proper precautions. Environment Canada is advising residents to drink plenty of water (even when you're not thirsty) and seek out cool places such as tree-shaded areas, air-conditioned buildings or swimming pools.
Residents are reminded to never leave children or pets in hot vehicles.
So be sure to put on lots of sunscreen, drink lots of water and have cool and shady escapes nearby as you make the most of the summer weather.
Stay healthy and enjoy!
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- One Male Injured Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- A Flood Watch is Officially In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- 15-Year-Old Mississauga Boy Identified as Stabbing Victim
- Police Report Possible Drowning in Mississauga