Extreme Weather Warning in Effect for Mississauga
An extreme weather warning is in effect for all of Peel (meaning Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon), so you might want to take extra care if you plan on heading outside today.
Environment Canada recently announced that extreme cold is expected in the aforementioned municipalities, as wind chill values of near -30 or below were reported in some areas this morning.
Fortunately, the weather agency says wind chills will moderate during daytime hours.
However, wind chill values are expected to plummet to -30 or lower again tonight.
Although extreme cold is dangerous for everyone, Environment Canada says the risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors and those without proper shelter.
Residents are advised to dress in layers. The outer layer should be wind resistant (so be sure to wear your thickest jacket if you're heading out into the great beyond).
Note that frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
Stay warm, everyone.
Photo courtesy of @gualdjouma
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton