Extreme Weather Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
If you were disappointed in the cold and wet summer we experienced, fall is about to make it up to you.
According to the recent Weather Network forecast, temperatures are expected to hit a steamy 32 degrees on Saturday and 31 on on Sunday.
And while 30+ degrees is hot no matter what, the weather agency says it'll actually feel more like 40 degrees on Saturday and 38 on Sunday.
Unusual fall weather, indeed!
Interestingly enough, the blistering temperatures will persist into the week before rapidly cooling off on Thursday to hit 20 degrees and dropping to a slightly more seasonal 17 on Friday (boo!).
Although heat is wonderful (especially after this disappointing summer), it can pose health risks if proper precautions aren’t taken. If you're outdoors, you should watch for symptoms of heat-related illnesses, such as swelling, rashes, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the aggravation of other health conditions.
Residents are advised to drink plenty of water and seek out tree-shaded areas, swimming pools and air-conditioned buildings.
People are also reminded to never leave children or pets inside parked vehicles.
Enjoy the heat!
- UPDATE: Mississauga Cafe Issued Closure Notice in Error
- UPDATE: Police Release New Info on Suspects Wanted in Beating of Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Autistic Man Brutally Beaten in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews Responding to Working Fire in Mississauga