Extreme Weather Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
If you were disappointed in the cold and wet summer we experienced, fall is about to make it up to you.
According to the recent Weather Network forecast, temperatures are expected to hit a steamy 32 degrees on Saturday and 31 on on Sunday.
And while 30+ degrees is hot no matter what, the weather agency says it'll actually feel more like 40 degrees on Saturday and 38 on Sunday.
Unusual fall weather, indeed!
Interestingly enough, the blistering temperatures will persist into the week before rapidly cooling off on Thursday to hit 20 degrees and dropping to a slightly more seasonal 17 on Friday (boo!).
Although heat is wonderful (especially after this disappointing summer), it can pose health risks if proper precautions aren’t taken. If you're outdoors, you should watch for symptoms of heat-related illnesses, such as swelling, rashes, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the aggravation of other health conditions.
Residents are advised to drink plenty of water and seek out tree-shaded areas, swimming pools and air-conditioned buildings.
People are also reminded to never leave children or pets inside parked vehicles.
Enjoy the heat!
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow