Extreme Heat and Humidity Predicted for Mississauga This Week
There’s some extremely hot and humid weather expected for Mississauga and the rest of Southern Ontario this week.
According to a recent forecast by The Weather Network, the temperature will hover in the higher 20s, and feel like 40c for most of the region due to the humidity.
Pop-up thunderstorms are also predicted to occur throughout the week.
Hopefully, a predicted cold front will come in by the weekend bring down to overall temperature, but it’s unknown how much the heat may be affected.
“Cooler weather arrives for the weekend and into early next week,” said Weather Network meteorologist Dr. Doug Gillham, adding that the timing for the cold front is still hard to tell.
“Slower timing for the front would mean a muggy and more unsettled Saturday for southern areas while faster timing would bring sunshine, cooler temperatures and comfortable humidity for the start of the weekend,” said Gillham. “A brief period of warmer weather is expected before a more significant shot of cooler weather late next week and into the start of the third week of July.”
The Weather Network advises residents to keep their homes cool and ventilated, as well as staying out of the sun and doing minimal outdoor exercise.
For the full forecast, you can visit The Weather Network here.
Photo courtesy of The Weather Network
- Major Weather Shift in Store for Mississauga Next Week
- Chilly weather and potential flurries expected this week in Mississauga
- Here’s What Weather We Can Expect In Mississauga This Week
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Mississauga
- Bizarre Weather Expected in Mississauga Next Week
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising