Extreme cold warning officially in effect for Mississauga
An extreme cold weather alert is officially in effect for Mississauga.
The city says temperatures are set to drop below -15 with the wind chill on Wednesday, Dec. 18.
The city is advising residents to take care if they are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin.
During cold weather events, various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold.
Residents are advised to dress in layers, stay dry and limit time outdoors as much as possible.
If you will be outside, drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
Bring any pets indoors without adequate shelter.
Cover photo courtesy of the City of Mississauga
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Ontario officials report 425 new COVID-19 cases, 31 new cases reported in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at UTM in Mississauga