Extreme cold warning officially in effect for Mississauga
An extreme cold weather alert is officially in effect for Mississauga.
The city says temperatures are set to drop below -15 with the wind chill on Wednesday, Dec. 18.
The city is advising residents to take care if they are going to be out and be sure to cover exposed skin.
During cold weather events, various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold.
Residents are advised to dress in layers, stay dry and limit time outdoors as much as possible.
If you will be outside, drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
Bring any pets indoors without adequate shelter.
Cover photo courtesy of the City of Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville