Extreme Cold Warning is Still in Effect for Mississauga
The extreme cold warning that was first issued by Environment Canada a few days ago for Mississauga is still currently in effect.
There is some good news though.
These brutally cold temperatures that we've been experiencing the last couple of days may not be around for much longer.
According to Environment Canada, a period of extremely cold wind chills are expected to continue this morning (Feb. 1). Wind chills near minus 30 will continue for the first half of this morning.
However, wind chills will improve beginning later this morning once temperatures begin to rise out of the deep freeze.
People are still encouraged to dress warmly, and to dress in layers that they can remove if they get too warm.
Environment Canada notes that your outer layer should be wind resistant.
People are also encouraged to check on older family, friends and neighbours.
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry