Extreme cold set to hit Mississauga
If you were planning to spend some time outside tonight, you might want to reconsider.
The City of Mississauga says the city is going to experience extreme cold today (Jan. 16).
Temperatures in Mississauga are set to drop below -19 with the wind chill this evening. Anyone who needs emergency assistance to get out of the cold should call 3-1-1. If you or someone else falls ill because of the temperature, call 9-1-1.
During cold weather events, various community centres are available to those who are looking for shelter.
The city is advising residents to dress in layers to suit the weather conditions and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
If you will be heading outside, you’re advised to stay dry and limit your time outdoors as much as possible.
Residents are also advised to stay dry, drink warm fluids (but no caffeinated and alcoholic beverages), call or visit vulnerable friends, neighbours and family, and ensure that pets are brought indoors.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior