Extended Weather Warning Issued for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
Glorious, glorious heat.
Hot and humid conditions are continuing this week, prompting Environment Canada to issue another heat warning for Peel and Halton (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
Temperatures and humidity are expected to increase under continued sunny skies.
Maximum humidex values are approaching 40 C on Monday.
Enjoy it while it lasts, though.
A cold front is predicted to move in on Wednesday for the rest of the week.
Extreme heat affects everyone, but the risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
If you want to enjoy the outdoors, it might be best to hold off until the temperatures drop a little (perhaps in the evening hours). If you're outside, seek a cool place such as a tree-shaded area, swimming pool or air-conditioned spot like a public building.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
Enjoy the sun and stay safe!
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Square One Introducing Special Pass for Certain Shoppers in Mississauga
- Should This New McDonald’s Initiative Come to Mississauga?
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Road Closed After Pedestrian Hit by Vehicle in Mississauga