Exciting Pop-Up Shop Coming to Square One in Mississauga
Now that it's unofficially fall (we still have about three weeks of summer left!), you might be thinking about fall and (gasp!) winter outfits.
If you're interested in diversifying your wardrobe, you might be happy to hear that a Finnish brand has launched a pop-up shop inside Simons in Square One.
Simons, the relatively new-to-Mississauga French-Canadian department store, is partnering with Marimekko, the Finnish design house, to bring the Marimekko world to life with pop-ups at three of the brand's retail locations: Square One Shopping Centre, Place Sainte-Foy and Rideau Shopping Centre.
Simons is Canada's only major retailer to carry a wide assortment of Marimekko ready-to-wear.
The pop-ups, launching in September, will feature accessories, bags and gifts.
"The Simons x Marimekko pop-up shops will showcase Marimekko's art of printmaking through a dialogue between archive patterns and contemporary prints," Simons said in a news release.
"For example, the shops will feature some of Marimekko's most iconic prints from the 1950s and 1960s including the classic Unikko (poppy) floral pattern on dresses, bags, scarves and shoes, the striped unisex Jokapoika (every man) Piccolo print shirt and other Marimekko favourites."
Simons says the pop-ups' design reflects Marimekko's timeless and functional aesthetic and features greenery and clean lines plus modern furniture and accessories from Canadian retailer, EQ3.
Running through to the holidays, the pop-ups' product assortment will transition every month, offering a selection of new merchandise.
- VIDEO: Interview With Peter Simons About Square One Simons Store
- New Openings: Simons Square One
- Popular French Store Set to Open Brand New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Popular Clothing Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- A Brand New Shop Has Just Opened in Square One in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: Changes coming to COVID-19 screening in Mississauga schools
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga