Everything You Need to Know About the Optimum Points Card Change
It seems like everyone and their third cousin has a Shoppers Optimum card to collect those sweet, sweet PC points. Now, that the PC Plus card and Shoppers’ Optimum card have been combined into one supercard and there are some important changes you (and your third cousin) need to know about.
As of February 1, 2018, the Shoppers Optimum card and the PC Plus card are officially obsolete, and Loblaw Companies Ltd. has rolled out the new PC Optimum card.
Basically, you’ll be able to collect points from both Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart on one card instead of two.
But you might be wondering — what happens to the points on both of my old cards? Will I still be able to get free things with my hard-earned points?!
Don’t worry, any remaining point balance on either card is not gone forever. You can indeed still use your old points on your new card.
We’ve made it our resolution for 2018 to bring you more convenience than ever before. That’s why on Feb 1st we’ll be launching the PC Optimum program! Remember all your current PC Plus & Shoppers Optimum points will be converted at full value! pic.twitter.com/lWCQ4FVcbJ— PC Optimum (@pc_optimum) January 3, 2018
While everyone is likely in a “unique scenario” according to PC Optimum on Facebook, it’s quite simple to merge the points from your old cards to your new one.
All you have to do is register online on the PC Optimum website and create a PC ID, or walk into a Shoppers Drug Mart or Loblaw location and have the cashier do it for you (they can also exchange your old cards for a new one).
Of course, the online process is pretty easy, too. When you’re on the homepage you’ll see an option to “Get Started” which will lead you to create a new account, or log into an existing account. You’ll be able to click through, enter your old card numbers, and merge your cards.
While all PC Points are converted at 1:1, Shoppers Optimum points are converted a little differently, depending on the highest reward level you’ve reached. Here’s the breakdown:
It’s true that the site has been crashing as of February 1, 2018, so if you’re in rush it’s probably best to go into a store and merge your cards with an associate’s help.
But this just proves that everyone and their mom is part of this loyalty program. According to PC Optimum on Twitter, they’re experiencing higher traffic than expected on their site.
If there’s a good time to exercise patience, it’s now.
All graphics courtesy of PC Optimum
- No Frills Has Introduced A Game That Lets Players Win PC Optimum Points
- Here's How You Can Earn More Points at a Major Gas Station
- SCENE members can now redeem points for gift cards online
- Shoppers Drug Mart About to Start Offering These Minor Surgical Procedures
- What Do You Redeem Rewards Points For?
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga