Everything You Need to Know About Garbage Collection in Mississauga
Well, the holidays are officially over and that means that, starting today (Jan. 3), everything will be back to normal.
That said, garbage collection will be a little different this week due to observed New Year's Day (which took place on Monday, Jan. 2).
All Mississauga residents should note that there was no garbage pickup on Jan. 2 due to the holiday.
However, there is a waste exemption period in effect for this week (Jan. 3-6). From tomorrow until Friday, you can put out an unlimited amount of "acceptable excess garbage" without garbage tags on your scheduled garbage collection day. To find out more about your collection day, click here.
If you have a lot of recycling you're itching to dispose of, note that community recycling centres are closed today. They will re-open and resume regular operating hours tomorrow (Jan. 3).
If you have a real Christmas tree to dispose of, you can leave it at the curb. Please ensure you remove all lights, decorations, wires and strands. The trees will be collected during the weeks of January 9 and January 16 on regular recycling days. If your tree is taller than 10 feet, please cut it in half.
If you live in a condo or apartment and are wondering what to do with excess garbage or a real Christmas tree, please contact your property management company for guidance.
For more info, click here.
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Unlimited Garbage Collection Available in Mississauga After Labour Day