Every COVID-19 case in Niagara Region now listed as the Delta variant

By

Published August 26, 2021 at 12:27 pm

With 18 new COVID-19 cases being added to the count today (August 26), Niagara Region is now listing all 147 existing ones as being the Delta variant.

In what is likely a province-wide first, 10 per cent are listed as absolutely Delta while the remaining 90 per cent is tagged as “likely” Delta.

St Catharines leads the case numbers with 49 still existing while Niagara Falls is next-up with 38. Welland has 15 cases, Lincoln is recording 11 with Thorold claiming 10.

Only Wainfleet has zero cases with the remaining seven municipalities showing between three and five cases.

Residents with one dose in Niagara hover around 72 per cent while the fully-vaxxed are slightly more than 65 per cent.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising