Canada Day Celebration at the Square 2016
Celebrate Canada's 149th birthday with your favourite artists and 100,000 new friends at Mississauga Celebration Square.
Headlined by multi-award nominated rock group The Strumbellas and Juno and MMVA nominated folk pop songstress Ria Mae, there's good reason to celebrate this Canada Day.
Hosted by ET Canada's Cheryl Hickey and Global News' Alan Carter, the Canada Day event at Mississauga Celebration Square is going to be explosive. Mississauga's DJ Mensa will keep the crowd pumped all night long with main stage performances by:
* The Strumbellas performing songs from their new album Hope including hit single Spirits
* Ria Mae with music from her self-titled record, including hit singles Clothes Offand Gold
* Pop sensation and you-tube star Dan Talevski
* Rising star and local rapper John River
* Mississauga's Dead Penny
Capped off with an explosive fireworks finale presented by Tim Hortons, Canada's 149th birthday is one event you don't want to miss.
2 - 6 pm
Global's Farrah Nasser and Liem Vu will host an afternoon of kids activities at Camp Canuck. With roaming characters, face-painting, crafts, and Historica Canada onsite hosting trivia and giveaways, Camp Canuck has something for families and kids of all ages including:
* Underwater adventurers the Octonauts
* World famous children's entertainer Fred Penner
* Aerial Birds of Canada soaring overhead in a jaw-dropping cirque show
* Percussion from around the world in the World Beat Pavilion, including drummers from the Mississaugas of the New Credit, the Souls of Steel Orchestra, and Alpha Rhythm Roots
* A chalk art performance by Multi-disciplinary indigenous artist Vanessa Dion Fletcher with Mnemonic Memory: Mississauga,
Join Mayor Bonnie Crombie at our Official Ceremony at 4 pm and participate in the Canadian Citizenship reaffirmation oath.
Be sure to come hungry and indulge in our many food trucks all day long.