Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for Mississauga
Some not-so-friendly weather is in the forecast this weekend in Mississauga.
According to a recent statement from E.C., potentially heavy rainfall is expected to start sometime this evening and persist into Saturday night.
Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 40 mm are likely.
Environment Canada cites the cause of rain to be a developing low pressure system that will be crossing the lower Great Lakes on Saturday.
The city has additionally issued a flood warning, and has asked residents to be careful and keep children and pets away from areas that may become flooded, such as creeks, rivers and waterways.
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Another Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless