Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for Mississauga
Some not-so-friendly weather is in the forecast this weekend in Mississauga.
According to a recent statement from E.C., potentially heavy rainfall is expected to start sometime this evening and persist into Saturday night.
Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 40 mm are likely.
Environment Canada cites the cause of rain to be a developing low pressure system that will be crossing the lower Great Lakes on Saturday.
The city has additionally issued a flood warning, and has asked residents to be careful and keep children and pets away from areas that may become flooded, such as creeks, rivers and waterways.
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Another Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- A frost advisory in effect for Mississauga
- Hospital workers’ union concerned with Ford’s COVID-19 pharmacy testing plan
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga