Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for Mississauga
Some not-so-friendly weather is in the forecast this weekend in Mississauga.
According to a recent statement from E.C., potentially heavy rainfall is expected to start sometime this evening and persist into Saturday night.
Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 40 mm are likely.
Environment Canada cites the cause of rain to be a developing low pressure system that will be crossing the lower Great Lakes on Saturday.
The city has additionally issued a flood warning, and has asked residents to be careful and keep children and pets away from areas that may become flooded, such as creeks, rivers and waterways.
- Police investigating hotel robbery in Mississauga
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- Top 5 Most Expensive Restaurants in Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Another Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga