Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a warning for heavy rain, freezing rain and strong winds Saturday into Sunday.
“Light rain or drizzle is expected to develop early Friday morning and continue through the day before becoming heavier Friday night. Rain, at times heavy, will continue Saturday before mixing with or changing to freezing rain Saturday evening.”
Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 mm are possible.
According to Environment Canada, freezing rain or rain will continue Saturday night before coming to an end Sunday morning and strong southwest winds are expected Sunday morning.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021