Environment Canada Issues a Weather Warning for Tonight
Environment Canada announced a storm watch that will effect for Mississauga and Brampton (and also Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills Toronto and Milton).
According to the organization, expect strong winds, heavy rain and even some hail as well as isolated tornados starting later this afternoon into this evening.
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Woman and 13 Year Old Boy Killed in Stabbing
- Changes Coming to Recycling in Mississauga
- International Pop Stars Coming to Two-Day Festival at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Suspect Sought After Uttering Threats to Multiple Victims
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group