Environment Canada Issues a Weather Warning for Tonight
Environment Canada announced a storm watch that will effect for Mississauga and Brampton (and also Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills Toronto and Milton).
According to the organization, expect strong winds, heavy rain and even some hail as well as isolated tornados starting later this afternoon into this evening.
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Four areas in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario