Environment Canada Issues a Weather Warning for Today
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for several cities in Ontario, including Mississauga.
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and torrential rain.
Environment Canada expects scattered thunderstorms to develop over portions of the regions later this morning and this afternoon. Some of these storms will have the potential to become severe with damaging winds and torrential downpours. There will also be the risk for an isolated tornado.
Again, stay safe out there, and take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Paramedics attending after male injured in shooting in Mississauga