Employee tests positive for COVID-19 at Food Basics in Mississauga
Metro Inc. has reported a new case at one of its grocery store locations in Mississauga.
According to the company, an employee recently tested positive for COVID-19 at the Food Basics at 377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E.
The employee’s last day of work was Wednesday, June 10.
Metro was notified on Tuesday, June 16.
As a preventative measure, Metro says it deep cleans and sanitizes every location where a case is reported.
“We will always contact and follow the guidance of Public Health to ensure the safety of our teammates and customers whenever we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our food stores or distribution centres,” says Metro.
“Out of respect and for confidentiality reasons, we will never release any personal information about persons who are infected.”
Details on all reported cases at Metro locations can be seen here.
- Employee at Mississauga Metro tests positive for COVID-19
- Another Food Basics employee in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker at Metro location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Popular Hamilton pizza and pasta restaurant coming to Mississauga