Employee at Mississauga Metro tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Metro in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19, according to Metro’s COVID-19 tracker.
The affected employee works at the brand’s 910 Southdown Road location.
Metro says the employee’s last day of work was June 21.
As a preventative measure, Metro says it deep cleans and sanitizes every location where a case is reported.
"We will always contact and follow the guidance of Public Health to ensure the safety of our teammates and customers whenever we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our food stores or distribution centres," says Metro.
"Out of respect and for confidentiality reasons, we will never release any personal information about persons who are infected."
Details on all reported cases at Metro locations can be seen here.
- Employee tests positive for COVID-19 at Food Basics in Mississauga
- Another Food Basics employee in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Health care association urging province to impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses