Employee at Mississauga Metro tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Metro in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19, according to Metro’s COVID-19 tracker.
The affected employee works at the brand’s 910 Southdown Road location.
Metro says the employee’s last day of work was June 21.
As a preventative measure, Metro says it deep cleans and sanitizes every location where a case is reported.
"We will always contact and follow the guidance of Public Health to ensure the safety of our teammates and customers whenever we are made aware of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our food stores or distribution centres," says Metro.
"Out of respect and for confidentiality reasons, we will never release any personal information about persons who are infected."
Details on all reported cases at Metro locations can be seen here.
- Employee tests positive for COVID-19 at Food Basics in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Two Mississauga grocery stores confirm COVID-19 cases in employees
- Employee at Mississauga FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist without vital signs after highway crash in Mississauga