Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Longo's grocery store in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to an update on the company's website, the employee works at the brand's Applewood location (1125 N Service Rd.).
The company announced the case on Sept. 19 and said the affected employee was last in the store on Sept. 14.
"We want to assure you that our stores and team members have been operating under heightened preventative measures and in accordance with direction from public health to protect against the spread of COVID-19," Longo's said on its website.
"We continue to have wellness screening for our team members and guests and everyone is required to wear a face-covering or mask while in store.
On the site, Longo's says all employees that have been in close contact with workers suffering from COVID-19 have been instructed to stay home and self-monitor.
Longo's says employees who are sent home are paid in full while isolating.
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga Beer Store location tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Drug store and grocery store employees in Mississauga test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Dollarama location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga