Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Longo's grocery store in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to an update on the company's website, the employee works at the brand's Applewood location (1125 N Service Rd.).
The company announced the case on Sept. 19 and said the affected employee was last in the store on Sept. 14.
"We want to assure you that our stores and team members have been operating under heightened preventative measures and in accordance with direction from public health to protect against the spread of COVID-19," Longo's said on its website.
"We continue to have wellness screening for our team members and guests and everyone is required to wear a face-covering or mask while in store.
On the site, Longo's says all employees that have been in close contact with workers suffering from COVID-19 have been instructed to stay home and self-monitor.
Longo's says employees who are sent home are paid in full while isolating.
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga Beer Store location tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Dollarama location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- PHOTOS: The most and least expensive homes in Mississauga