Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at a Longo's grocery store in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to an update on the company's website, the employee works at the brand's Applewood location (1125 N Service Rd.).
The company announced the case on Sept. 19 and said the affected employee was last in the store on Sept. 14.
"We want to assure you that our stores and team members have been operating under heightened preventative measures and in accordance with direction from public health to protect against the spread of COVID-19," Longo's said on its website.
"We continue to have wellness screening for our team members and guests and everyone is required to wear a face-covering or mask while in store.
On the site, Longo's says all employees that have been in close contact with workers suffering from COVID-19 have been instructed to stay home and self-monitor.
Longo's says employees who are sent home are paid in full while isolating.
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Grocery store employee in Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Oakville grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- An employee at Milton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Oakville grocery store employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19