Employee at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga might have COVID-19
UPDATE: Erin Mills Town Centre’s general manager has confirmed that the staff member who was in isolation while awaiting test results has tested negative for the virus.
An employee at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga is awaiting tests results for COVID-19, a letter from management indicates.
According to a letter forwarded to insauga.com, mall tenants were recently advised that the individual who might have the virus was last in the building on Thursday, Sept. 3.
“We are awaiting results, this individual is in isolation and deep cleaning measures have been taken,” Lisa Flux, General Manager, Erin Mills Town Centre, said in an email to insauga.com.
The letter does not disclose which store or department the employee works in.
"Steps are being taken to ensure the individual does not return to the building until medically cleared to do so," the letter reads.
The letter says that affected areas within the building will undergo an "appropriate disinfection" as a result of the possible diagnoses.
"In addition, the building's janitorial provider has been requested to perform increased cleanings of common touchpoint areas including door handles, handrails, elevator call and interior buttons, and restroom fixtures," the letter says.
The letter emphasizes that all mall tenants and vendors should notify management immediately if they learn that one of their visitors or staff members has tested positive for COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of the virus, such as fever, coughing and shortness of breath.
The letter also reminds employees to wash their hands frequently, wear masks and face-coverings, practice physical distancing and clean surfaces thoroughly.
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated from a previous version to reflect updated information and clarify that the person in question is still awaiting test results.
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- The Magical Clock Tower at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Erin Mills Town Centre Adds a Walmart Supercentre
- Erin Mills Town Centre set to resurrect one of its most iconic features in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow