Emergency services responding to fire after explosion heard in Mississauga
Crews are on scene for a large grass fire in Mississauga this afternoon.
Peel police say a call came in at 1:50 p.m. for a fire in the area of Highway 403 and Mavis Rd.
Police say an explosion was heard from the north side of the 403, possibly due to an electrical tower blowing out.
While the fire is reportedly under control, residents in the area have been instructed to shelter in place due to the smoke.
No injuries have been reported.
Lanes on the 403 are currently reduced and drivers should take alternate routes until further notice.
UPDATE: The area has been cleared.
- Crews responding to house explosion and fire in Hamilton
- Paramedics and fire crews responding to heavy fire at business in Mississauga
- Emergency Services on Scene for Fire Call in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area of Residential Fire in Mississauga
- Emergency Services Responding to Reported Fire in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga