Emergency personnel on scene after GO train collides with car in Mississauga
Officers are en route to the scene of a collision this evening.
Police were called at 5:34 p.m. after a GO train struck a car on the tracks at Lorne Park Road and Birchview Drive.
Injuries are currently unknown.
Emergency personnel and investigators are attending the scene, and service in the area is expected to be delayed for at least two hours.
“Trains will need to hold west of Clarkson and east of Port Credit until further notice,” GO Transit reports.
Residents should avoid the area for now.
More information to come.
A #GOtrain has struck a car on the tracks east of Clarkson. The area is now in the hands of emergency personnel and investigators. Trains will need to hold west of Clarkson and east of Port Credit until further notice.(1/2)— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) November 15, 2019
Trains will not be able to move through the area until given permission. We expect it will take about 2 hours before we can return to our regular service.(2/2)— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) November 15, 2019
UPDATE: Police have confirmed there were no occupants in the car.
Lorne Park is currently closed between Birchview Drive and Albertson Crescent as police and crews work to clear the tracks.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
- One Dead After Being Struck by Train at Clarkson GO