Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga
A 70-year-old woman has died following a house fire in Mississauga.
At about 8:30 p.m. Peel police announced that a fire had broken out at a residence on Galloway Crescent, west of Mavis at Burnhamthorpe Road.
At the time, Peel Paramedics reported that a female victim was transported to hospital without vital signs.
She has since succumbed to her injuries.
Police say the fire was confined to the upper level of the home. No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl