Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga
A 70-year-old woman has died following a house fire in Mississauga.
At about 8:30 p.m. Peel police announced that a fire had broken out at a residence on Galloway Crescent, west of Mavis at Burnhamthorpe Road.
At the time, Peel Paramedics reported that a female victim was transported to hospital without vital signs.
She has since succumbed to her injuries.
Police say the fire was confined to the upper level of the home. No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021