Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga
A 70-year-old woman has died following a house fire in Mississauga.
At about 8:30 p.m. Peel police announced that a fire had broken out at a residence on Galloway Crescent, west of Mavis at Burnhamthorpe Road.
At the time, Peel Paramedics reported that a female victim was transported to hospital without vital signs.
She has since succumbed to her injuries.
Police say the fire was confined to the upper level of the home. No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Mississauga Due to Possible Contamination
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga