Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga
A 70-year-old woman has died following a house fire in Mississauga.
At about 8:30 p.m. Peel police announced that a fire had broken out at a residence on Galloway Crescent, west of Mavis at Burnhamthorpe Road.
At the time, Peel Paramedics reported that a female victim was transported to hospital without vital signs.
She has since succumbed to her injuries.
Police say the fire was confined to the upper level of the home. No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Ontario to announce fall COVID-19 plan today
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Mississauga driver faces out-of-town alcohol charges