Elderly Woman Pronounced Dead Following House Fire in Mississauga
A 70-year-old woman has died following a house fire in Mississauga.
At about 8:30 p.m. Peel police announced that a fire had broken out at a residence on Galloway Crescent, west of Mavis at Burnhamthorpe Road.
At the time, Peel Paramedics reported that a female victim was transported to hospital without vital signs.
She has since succumbed to her injuries.
Police say the fire was confined to the upper level of the home. No other injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Cover photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- Boy dies after suffering medical episode while playing basketball in Milton
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Mississauga man facing charges after 7-month-old puppy dragged beside car